Followers

Wednesday 21 August 2013

And now for something completely different...

 
Not my usual style, but I was commissioned to make a 60th birthday card using vibrant colours and tartan ribbon - a bit of a challenge as all of my vibrant toppers and card clashed with tartan ribbon!  I found a pink and green tartan ribbon in a local craft shop, so I used that to build my colour scheme.  I decided that since I couldn't find a suitable topper to match the ribbon I would use a stamp instead.  I used a Creative Expressions embossing folder on the pink background card then matted and layered with green pearlescent and pink mirri card.  I used a Kanban stamp and blended the background with a pink versamark ink pad - this was my first attempt at blending.  I embellished the card with pink and green gems, and made a triple bow with the ribbon.  It's not what I would normally make, but hopefully I have fulfilled the brief!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the colours....fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete